Posts Tagged ‘business vision’
Integral to your business vision, must be clarity about what you have to offer, and to whom you are likely to sell it. Addressing the following questions will help focus you on what action to take before you are ready to invest in marketing.
Be aware if you are product or market driven:
- Do you have a product you want to get to market?
- Do you want to create a product that the market needs?
- Is it a combination of both?
Know your target market:
- What do they look like? Actually visualise and describe your prospects so you get into their head and see your company and services through their eyes.
- Where do they hang out? Where and how can you get access to your prospects?
- How much choice do they have? Which of your competitors can they also buy from?
- What is most important to your customers in the way they do business?
What products and services you have to offer:
- What solution do you offer your client? Focus on benefits not just features.
- What is your pricing structure? Know the profit margin for each product/service
- Is your pricing and profit margin dependant on your client eg residential or business, small business or corporate?
You may need to do more market research and scrutiny of your accounts before you can answer all of the above in detail. But once you have, you will be better positioned to write a marketing plan that ensures you reach a target market for whom you have a solution that they want and need to buy.
Denise has designed a comprehensive coaching programme based on the work she does with her VIP clients. The programme may be accessed on line and/or through her 1-2-1 programme. Contact Denise for an informal discussion to find out more or visit www.denisemolloy.co.uk. Even better, come and meet her at Kent 2020 7 April at Detling Show Ground
For those of you that are local to Kent, please do come and see me at the Kent Business Show at Detling.
It will be a chance to meet you in person or an opportunity to catch up since we last spoke.
You will find me on stand 004c, where you also will have the opportunity to win a strengths profile and discuss the findings in a 1-2-1 coaching session to help you to maximise your potential and build your business success.
Entrance is FREE so do come along and network. Here’s the link
Hope to see you there!
The coalition is pulling no punches that the next 5 years will be tough. Whether or not we agree with their vision or their strategy for getting there, they are taking action to get to where they want this country to be. As small business owners, to maintain our market position and set ourselves up for growth, we have to be clear on where we want our company to be and create a strategy to get there.
‘Start with the end in mind’, a well used quote from Stephen Covey….. and acted upon by the most successful of business leaders. If you don’t know your destination, how can you figure out the possible routes to get there? If you don’t know where you are heading, those around you certainly won’t have a clue!
Perhaps you may have a clear sense of direction and a passion for what you do but just can’t make the time to move your business forward. Or, you may be losing some of your inspiration as you are trying to be jack of all trades and are not doing what you enjoy most.
Start by thinking about why you went into business in the first place, what you wanted to achieve. What were your sources of motivation? Are they still the same? Enthusiasm is contagious and will help fire up the team you surround yourself with to help you achieve your vision.
This is now the time to get back on track and keep on track, to set yourself for success by planning the steps you need to take to achieve your business vision.